One thing I wanted to do this months taking better care of myself. I have been cutting down on heavy carbs and unnecessary fats. And I do love a good burger every now and then, so these tuna burgers are so delicious and I don’t feel bad eating three of them in one day.
- minced onion or green onion
- celery and bell peppers ( optional)
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- lemon juice and zest
- bread cramps
- sour cream ( optional)
- olive oil
I am terrible with measurements, hence why I can never bake the perfect cookies. I don’t know how to follow a recipe to a T, so I just eye ball and use my judgement when am cooking. I guess it is the african in me. Depending with how much you want to cook, you get to decide what the amount of each ingredient to use.
- Beat egg in a bowl, add tuna, lemon juice and zest, chopped spinach, minced onion or green onion.
- Mix everything,add salt to taste, a tea spoon of sour cream ( optional), black pepper,garlic powder and bread cramps.
- Roll it up in a burger shape and cook
- You can bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes on each side
- You can also pan fry them with a some olive oil
I hope you try and let me know if you do.
It is up to you on how you want to serve this.I replace the burger bun with lettuce, this way I can eat a few.
And what is one of your favourite “clean” recipe?